Last updated: October 30, 2017
- A Note to Users Outside of the United States.
- How We Collect Information.
- How We Use Information.
- How We Disclose Information.
- YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION.
- Controlling Your Information.
- Information Disclosed to Third Parties
Our Services and Site are not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Services. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. We do not collect or maintain Personal Information from people we actually know are under 13 years of age, and no part of our Site or Services is designed to attract people under 13 years of age. If we later learn that a user is under 13 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user's Personal Information from our databases and to prevent the user from utilizing the Site and the Services.
In general, the Personal Information we gather enables us to provide the Services to you and helps us learn more about the use of the Site and/or Services. We collect Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily if you elect to register an account with us and in the course of your use of the Site and/or Services. To use certain features of our Services, we may require you to create an “Account”. If you are a “Scout”, or a shopper, you will be required to submit your name, email address, zip code and a password to create an Account. If you are a “Merchant”, or shop owner who will be making listings, you will be required to submit your name, email address, and phone number, as well as the name, address (including city, state, and zip code), and hours of your shop to create an Account. You can choose not to register an Account or provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the Site or Services you are able to use.
When you communicate with us by sending us an email, we will collect and store any information that is contained in your communications with us.
We collect the following types of Anonymous Information:
Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including but not limited to your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit, clickstream data and referring/exit pages. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Site and Services, track users’ movements around the Site and Services, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Site and Services to our users’ needs. For example, some of the information may be collected so that when you visit the Site and Services again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests.
Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movements around the Site, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs. For example, some of the information may be collected so that when you visit the Site or the Services again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests.
Mobile Device. We may collect information about the computer or device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, MAC address, unique device identifier, phone number, and mobile network information. In addition, the Services may access your device's image storage applications, with your consent, to facilitate your use of certain features of the Services. For more information about how you can control our access to these applications, please see "Your Choices" below.
Disclosure – Analytics.
We may also use third party tracking services to help us analyze how users use the Services. We only use this information to improve our Site and Services. We do not combine the information generated thereby with your Personal Information and we do not associate you in any way with your device identifier. Only these services know and associate you (on a non-identifiable basis) with your identifier.
We will use your Personal Information to:
- Administer your Account;
- Provide you with Services;
- Tailor the features and content of the Services to you;
- Respond to your requests;
- Communicate with you about the Services.
We may also use your Personal Information to create Anonymous Information records by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable to you.
We use the Anonymous Information we collect to analyze trends, administer and improve the Services, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs.
We may also disclose certain Personal Information:
- Third Parties Designated by You. When you use the Services, the Personal Information you provide will be shared with the third parties that you authorize to receive such information.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with our third party service providers that help us provide Services that we offer you.
- Disclosure to Third Party Companies. We may enter into agreements with companies that desire access to Personal Information that we collect from you. AS A RESULT, WE MAY PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO SUCH THIRD PARTY COMPANIES. BECAUSE WE DO NOT CONTROL THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OF THESE THIRD PARTY COMPANIES, YOU SHOULD READ AND UNDERSTAND THEIR PRIVACY POLICIES.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS (AS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83
If we share Personal Information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, then you have the right to receive information about the categories of entities to which we have disclosed such information and the names and addresses of those entities. To submit your written request, please send it to us at Support@ScoutAlley.com and put the following words in the subject line of the email: "California Privacy Request." Within 30 days after receipt of your request, we will send you a list of the categories of Personal Information that we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses such third parties, if any. Please note that the California "Shine the Light" law does not cover all categories of information that may be collected and disclosed or shared, and our policy relates only to information covered by the law. Please note that we are required to respond to one request per California user each year and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address.
We reserve the right to disclose Anonymous Information publicly without restriction.
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
- Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information. You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your Account by accessing it through the “My Account” section on the site and/or contacting us. If you completely delete all of your Personal Information, then your account may become deactivated, although your profile and any content associated therewith will remain on the Services unless you have deleted them. We may also retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. Please remember, however, if we have already disclosed some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures. Certain information is necessary in order for us to provide the Services; therefore, if you delete such necessary information you may not be able to use the Services.